Friday 7 December 2012

We aren't following your diet on christmas day!.....

I love my family, they have been my number one supporters this round.
BUT, when on the phone recently my sister made the comment that i hope i know they won't be following my diet on Christmas day, i was a little bit hurt. Of course i wasn't going to expect them to only do food i wanted on Christmas day, when i replied and said i didn't expect them to, that im happy just having a little bit of meat and salad, the response i got to that was - it's only one day, it's not gonna kill you to go off the program for one day.

Now i know her words were in no way meant the way i took them, i know she was merely letting me know that on xmas day there wont be many healthy options, and that it's ok if i relax on the day. But it got me thinking - do i want to pig out and feel horrible and regretful? Wouldn't i rather enjoy Christmas with family (the first time all of the family will be together in about 10 years), and make good food choices so i can be proud of myself? If i have the calories, i might have a small treat, but it will all depend on where my head is at, and if i've been exercising much, and it will be 100% my decision, and a conscious decision, not a decision made based on the desire to binge!

I am away for three weeks over Xmas, 2 weeks will be road tripping/camping, and one week will be at my sisters, now for the rest of the week she is happy for me to choose the meals, and she is actually really healthy anyway so im not too worried about the food side of things, but i just don't want people to be telling me that a little bit is ok. If i was a recovering alcoholic, you wouldn't offer me alcohol, so i hope that when i say no to certain foods, that people respect that and don't try to shove them down my throat!

No comments:

Post a Comment