Saturday 8 December 2012

It's ok to be selfish!

All week, i have been tossing up who to nominate for this weeks weekly surprise, which is to nominate a blog.
I found it a hard decision because there are so many inspirational bloggers, and how do you choose just one, when so many have made a difference in your life?

It was coming close to cutoff, and my vow for this round was to enter each weekly surprise, so selfishly perhaps, i nominated my own blog.

Now, i felt a bit strange doing it, it's not something i would normally do, but that's why i did it, get out of my comfort zone and all of that! What i didn't expect, was the back lash of someone from a local page i was previously part of, saying i was selfish for nominating my own blog, and that i should be supporting others for a change. I think my jaw literally hit the ground when i heard this had been said - firstly, i have done an embarrassing amount of rounds, yet i am barely lighter then i began. Why? partly because i never got my shit together, and partly because i was too busy putting OTHERS first. This round i decided to remove all negativity from my life, which lead to me removing myself from some local facebook pages, primarily so that i could focus 100% on me. It also lead to me being more active in the SWSYD facebook page, and also the 30+ facebook page - both of these pages are full of amazingly inspirational and supportive women, and i am so grateful to be sharing this experience with them, even if it is only through a computer screen!

So, if i could nominate an unlimited amount of blogs, I couldn't go past http://jayne12wbt.blogspot.com.au/  - I can't remember how i came across her blog a few rounds ago, from memory, it was through a mutual friend that we both met through the program, i can still remember lying in bed reading her blog bawling my eyes out, i was amazed, inspired, and 100% full of jealousy! I'd seen her at finale, and to me she was that stunning skinny person, she still is that person, but the respect that came after seeing her before and after pictures was unexpected, she was one of the first people to show me that it really is possible, and she did it all with young children that kept her on her toes! I had the pleasure of meeting Jayne at the finale in Perth, it was a fleeting hi, but it was enough to enforce that she truly is as kind and beautiful in real life as she is on facebook!

I'll be here all day if i list all the reasons why i love these blogs, so read them for yourself and be inspired :) 
http://www.shehascuterunners.com/
http://cocogirlbutter.blogspot.com.au/
http://sarah12wbt.tumblr.com/

There are many, many more out there that i would recommend reading, but these four are the four that stand out to me, all four women have shown me that anything is possible, and all four women embrace the 12wbt spirit in my opinion!!

For anyone that is still reading - I would like to say a HUGE thank you for reading, i know there are hundreds of blogs far better then mine, but knowing that a few read it gives me encouragement to keep posting and stay honest on this journey!

3 comments:

  1. 1. This blog is awesome because it's you. It's yours. :)
    2. Pfft about nominating your own blog. I didn't the first time, the second time in order to step up and be comfortable with my own sparkle and not always putting everyone else before me I nominated myself (and if anyone gave me grief about doing that I either didn't see it or chose not to! Lol ) and then this round there was no need to nominate my own ;)
    3. Thank you for mentioning my blog.
    4. I love reading your blog. Have I mentioned that? ;)

    Hurrah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! Lost a sentence in #3. I also said that putting yourself up for consideration for something when it's part of the competition ( nominate your own or someone else's ) is not selfish. It's playing by the rules. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping everyone would nominate themselves. Forme its not about winning, it's about letting others on the program know you exist. I've added over 30 blogs to my reader as a result of this weeks suprise challenge and have been busy visiting and commenting on as many as I can. It's not always possible for me to comment as I usually reading whilst breastfeeding. But know that I'll be back here regularly sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete