Sunday 16 December 2012

14-20!

I guess this is a follow on from my previous post about numbers and sizing.
Although my shopping trip to target wasn't at all successful, i was still left with the dilemma that i had no shorts that fit me! Thursday i was in a shopping center for work, so decided to see what Kmart had to offer - it completely blew me away, in the one shop, i was fitting into stuff ranging from 14-18! I'm sure i would have fit into some of the 20s as some 18s were extremely snug, but there was no way i was even going to bother trying any on! seeing as i love getting a bargain, i went away with about 10 pairs of shorts in various sizes, styles and colours, all for around $7-$10, and two pairs of jeans for $7 each! :) While i was on that high, i decided it was about time i got a few new tops, all my current tops are at least 1-2 years old, and have stayed with me throughout the 20kgs lost, so needless to say some are quite baggy on me and make me look larger then i am! Got a ride into the city with my partner, and off i went with a positive frame of mind - initially the plan was just to go to k-mart cos everything is nice and cheap, but after only having luck with one top there i decided to stroll around and bravely entered jeans west, it may be nothing for some, but its the first time iv entered a 'normal' shop in a looooong time! but the amazing thing - when asked if i needed help in the change room - I HAD TO ASK FOR SMALLER SIZES!! i thought i was obviously the largest size they had, and that was with me planning on squishing everything into the fabric, but nope!! in some tops, i was a medium! for some bizarre reason i still went with the large :S im planning on jumping online and ordering said tops in a medium cos i loved them, and it was kind of a feel good moment!
Anyway - enough of a rant about my shopping trip! Hope everyone has had an amazing weekend and is ready to smash out week 5!!



No comments:

Post a Comment