Friday 15 February 2013

FINALE!!!!!

This is going to be one BIIIIIIG post (and one full of photos), so if you're gonna read it all, might be time to settle down with a cuppa first!!

I guess all good stories should begin at the start, (because right now i feel like i'm still living in a fairytale!)


Fri - 8th Feb - 4am alarm! Off to the airport to board my flight, arrived in Brisbane and had to wait about half an hr for my roomies to rock up. Now i use that term loosely, i had never met these people before, i was hoping they weren't crazy people, but how can one tell?! Well, luckily for me, my weekend started off pretty damn good. This was what greeted us at the airport, the lovely Kate! After squishing bags into the back of her car, and squishing people into the back seat, it was off to the hotel :) 
 
 
 

And so began my weekend with a bunch of strangers, that i now gladly call friends!

Fast forward a rainy afternoon in Brisbane, to a workout put on by former Biggest Loser winner Margie, I knew another 12wker that was doing the workout, so met up with her there :)







 Liz ended up being another person that played a huge part in an amazing weekend!

The workout was good, not run as well as i thought it would have been, but it was a workout all the same, and it was a way to see a bit of Brisbane by ferry :)








Dinner ended up being at Satay hut, was reminded once again that anything deep fried now tastes disgusting! But was still a great way to end my first night in Brissy!!














Saturday - 9th Feb - This round i decided to volunteer at the finale, mainly because knowing the workout was indoors, i figured it may be carpet and my shoes are too grippy (my knee would probably choose that moment to dislocate!), in the end, as much as i wanted to join in, it was wayyyy too crowded and i had fun watching everyone! I was part of the water crew, next round i'll probably volunteer, but will also jump in the workout :) Favourite part of volunteering, was seeing Mish in a relaxed environment, she was so willing to talk to everyone, sign people shirts, get photos etc. I look like a complete gronk in them, but here is one i got (note to self - next finale, hat off for photos!)








How AMAZING does she look?!!! I spent a good part of the workout watching her on the screen drooling over her body!! hehe







What happens after the workout? Lunch and time to frock up!! This is the part where i should probably insert that all i ate all day was half a sandwich! Why?! Because i was a nervous wreck all day!!



I received this email Thurs night, (why on earth would they send it at night? it meant limited sleep before my 4am wakeup Fri! lol) Anyway, obviously i was stoked!!! BUT it meant going on stage infront of over a thousand people! That terrified me, and was the reason for all of my nerves!! So my lack of food meant that i had to make sure i didn't drink much at the party, or i'd become a trashy mess!

After hair and makeup was done, it was time to frock up (after eating a peanut to keep my roomies off my case about eating :P) I don't want to sound up myself, but i absolutely loved the way i looked. I loved my hair, i loved my makeup, and i loved my dress, i'm getting there in the loving myself department!
Here are some pics pre-finale :)



The time came to head to the stage and get ready to go up, i was lucky to find the wonderful Kate, Logan and Kathy there! (as well as all the other wonderful people, but these three i knew in person, i had been in contact with on the forums), knowing that they were all terrified as well calmed my nerves, right up until we were called on stage, IN THE WRONG ORDER!!! i was meant to be towards the end, but nope, Mish decided to call me second! ARGHHH!! anyway, i managed to get through my little cat walk attempt without falling flat on my face, so that in itself was a win!

Here are the results of the awards, (insert Mish's voice reading them out)

The Round 4 WINNERS are: Quiet Achiever: Jenelle Connors (Jensy1974). Inspirational Role Model: Steve Ball (StevieB) and Sarah Ziino (missz). Blogger of the Round: Kathy Tyndale (Ozgoddess). Lean & Strong 1st Place: Karen Dunick (Jemma), 2nd Place: Kellie Socratous (Kel28), 3rd Place: Louise du Toit (Louise 971). Overall Transformation 3rd place: Logan Madeley (Dustyfaith), 2nd Place: Tracey Bennett (Tracey) and Overall Transformation Winner: Belinda Marshall (Bel.M)

I think i'm still in shock that i finally got my shit together, i lost a huge chunk of weight, AND I CAME SECOND!!!!! 

This was my prize
2nd Place Prize valued at over $8,000 includes:
Trip for two to the Golden Door, 5-day retreat
3-month membership to Fernwood Fitness
Natures Way Protein Figure
Starshots Perfection Gift Card Pack including 20 × 24 inch portrait valued
George Foreman Pack including Steamer, Juicer & Jumbo Grill
Fitbit ONE
Philips Actionfit headsets
 
After this, i was asked if i would do an interview for the 12wbt blog, to be honest, if i wasn't in shock i'm not sure i would have said yes, but if it can help even just one person then it was worth it!
Again, i think i'm still in shock! This program has been totally life changing, i've made amazing friends from all over Australia, i've gotten to a place where i know that without a doubt i will get to goal, i had the courage to go to finale on my own, and it was the best finale i've been to!! 

 I've heard some people say that the 12wbt is a cult, while i don't believe that, for those that do, what better cult to be part of then one that is focused on having a healthy mind and body?
And of course to the people that supported me throughout the entire round, the 30+ crew, SWSYD crew and the Pirates from the Den, thank you for cheering me on when i was on stage, and calming my nerves prior. Without your encouragement over the 12 weeks, i would not have gotten to where i have! 
To the SA people that i have reconnected with recently, thankyou for always believing in me :) 
To the haters, haters gonna hate, i was the one on stage, not you, so i clearly kicked ur ass :P 
My fairytale continues with 12wbt sending me this email, after thinking on it, i'm going to do it, but request that they hold off until closer to the end of this 12 weeks, that way it gives me some more time to just focus on myself.  
My advice for anyone doubting themselves, consistency!! and focus on nutrition, without the foundations of that, you will find it so much harder then it needs to be xx
And finally, because so many people asked to see them, here are my before/afters  

 







3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic effort hon. Was so great to stand on that stage with you xxx Here's to more amazing things to come hey? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely!! Bring on melbourne! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed reading this, Tracey. Huge congrats on your achievements. I wasn't there on the night, but watched the broadcast on the website (glass of wine in hand, toasting you all). Well done, and you look fantastic! :)

    -RubySneakers (Leanne)

    ReplyDelete