Sunday 17 February 2013

Bullying

 “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” - Dr Seuss

This may not be the most up-beat post, but i believe it is something that effects so many of us, and sadly, the first time i experienced it since moving states was once i started this program. Obviously, a bunch of women get nasty, but the experience of trying to get healthy is hard enough without saboteurs getting in the way.

Since Brisbane, i've received a lot of messages, some from strangers, some from friends, and some from people that i had thought were in my past. Now, them coming back into my present is by no means a bad thing, these people either judged me based on other peoples opinions of me, or were people i had had a small falling out with, or basically were people i'd just drifted away from. It made me wonder, did these people only want to reconnect because of my success, or had i changed? was i a person that people wanted to be around more so then the version of me i was 12 months ago? Personally, i believe the only thing that i changed about myself was removing toxic people from my life, Mish had mentioned it atleast once each round, but i didn't realise the power it would return to me until i did it last round. I think that's where this message is heading, whether you have been bullied or are being bullied, remember that you hold the power to guide ur life in whichever direction you choose, you can let them win, but it is by far more empowering to know that u have risen up against all that life has thrown at you, and you have come out on top.



Next time you hear something has been said about you, take it with a grain of salt. It says more about them then it does about you. Those that are worthy of being in your life will ignore it, those that believe it are doing you a favour by judging you, they're not the people you need in your life.

And most importantly, believe in yourself!

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr Seuss

3 comments:

  1. I love this post, The last 12 months I have really grown & learnt from my passed. There are sadly so many bullies in this world that try & bring people down.
    I can see the great changes you have made & I'am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time i see you u have grown more and more!! this post was hard because it meant i was admitting i was bullied, i felt ashamed but have since realized i have nothing to be ashamed of! So glad we reconnected in Brisbane and can't wait to catch up with u in Melbs! xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you, that means a lot to me :) Seeing you in Brisbane I can really see that you have grown into a beautiful person inside & out. There certainly is nothing to be ashamed about in writing about being bullied. It means you are very brave. I wish the word Bullying never existed, but those of us who have been bullied need to stand tall & proud .
      It was great reconnecting in Brisbane. I'm really glad we did. I look forward to catching up in Melbourne xx

      Delete