Saturday 5 January 2013

Xmas, New Years, and Mountains!

Where to begin?
The past 3 weeks have been spent interstate with family, on the drive over we did the great ocean road, before heading to Tathra in NSW for christmas with my family, after a week there it was off to Thredbo area for a week of camping.
So i guess the big question is - how did i go?

The diet
The drive to my sisters - we ate out quite a bit, but made good choices, and was never left with the sick, over-eaten feeling.
I guess the big thing that helped, was my sister had already said i could choose the meals for dinner etc while i was there (other then on xmas day), and seeing as my sister is healthy, she was happy to do healthier options on xmas day. I was able to enjoy a little bit of everything, and feel good :)
Weigh in on boxing day saw me lose 1.5kg - absolutely stoked!
Camping - again i was camping with my sister and her family, so dinners were healthy, quick and simple! had a few days a bit more relaxed, but overall was pleased with how i went.
Weigh in this week saw me lose 700g

The exercise
I was a little nervous about how id go with the exercise, especially being in holiday/relaxed mode
Luckily, our first night of camping was done at the start of the great ocean road - so it was kinda perfect to motivate me to go for an early morning run and watch the sun rise!
At my sisters she lived a short walk to the beach, which made it easy to get up cos i love beach walks/runs!
with my nieces around, strength work was able to be done in the form of playing and throwing the girls around :)
Camping proved to be the easiest place to exercise - doing early morning walks with my sister, then climbing Mt Kosciusko and doing some other walks in Thredbo

Overall? I was stoked with how i stayed on track!!

2 years ago i climbed Mt Kosciusko at my heaviest, i struggled, i cried.

This time around, i was able to run between my partner and sister (they were going different speeds), and i was smiling most of the way.
Was a little bit liberating to get a photo at the top with my nieces, which equal the weight iv lost, and the weight i was last time i did the climb!

Hope u all had a great Christmas and new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment