Wednesday 16 January 2013

Gratitude

I feel the need to do another thank you post lol

Every round, for as long as i can remember, my goal has always been to get into the 80s, this round i didn't make that a goal, whether that was because i didn't believe i would do it, or i just didn't want to put that pressure on myself. This round i also chose to remove myself from numerous local groups, recently i re-joined for the purpose of reconnecting with a few select people, but other then that, 90% of my support has come from the SWSYD group, the 30+ group, and another small group made up of people that are pretty much at their goal weight. I have also made use of the forums this round, which is something i haven't done in a long time. I was always under the thought that the more groups you are in, the more support you will get. WRONG. The best piece of advice i can give, is to find groups where the people are genuinely kind and supportive, where they are willing to experience the highs and lows with you, and most of all, where there is no 'clique'. I look forward to the day i am able to meet some of these amazing people, some i may meet at finale, and others i may meet next time i head to NSW to see family, but regardless, i completely believe that they have played a huge part of my experience and success this round, and i am truly grateful!

The other 10% of my support has to be my family, this round, without a doubt the biggest change in attitude has been from my partner, he has jumped on board 100%, and i never realised how much this meant to me until this round when he helped do a bit of pushing and reminding to keep me on track! The rest of my family, regardless of being interstate, have also been a huge support, without spending a few weeks with them over christmas, i wonder how i would have gone without their encouragement and early morning walks.

So, anyway, i made the 80's!!! 12.8 kilos down for the round, and planning on getting to 85 by the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment