Saturday 24 November 2012

Week 1 Recap

How can you not love this quote? It sums up my experience so far perfectly.
It's great to have supportive people, and to have those people try to motivate you, but ultimately, until you are ready to give 100%, from deep within, then success is only going to be temporary.

I feel that this is where i'm at, for months and months, even the past few years, i've wanted to make changes, and in small ways i have, brief stints of eating healthy, brief periods of going on the 12wbt website, but even with all the encouragement in the world, i never succeeded. I was lazy, i chose not to change my habits, and that is where the problem lies.

Week 1 is done, have i stuck 100% to the meal plan set out on the program? No. Does this mean i'm once again going to fail?? NO! I did my own plan this week, something that i knew i would be able to stick to, something that worked. I did the more time consuming meals on days where i do an earlier gym session, and on the days i get home later, i did nice quick meals. Did i follow this plan 100%? nope, i followed it 95%. One dinner made leftovers i wasn't expecting, so that became my lunch for the next day. Do i believe that i gave week 1 100% of my effort and dedication? YES! i can honestly, say yes. Yes, ofcourse there was things i could have done better, longer in the gym, less dressing on a salad. But i'm not going to beat myself up about that. I made changes, and so far, i can say that i am succeeding. To me, for now, that is enough.

I fell in love with eating good food again, I made a curry that tasted better then the indian version we had a few weeks ago, i tried new meals, and loved them.

Week 2?? Bring it on!! Meal plan sorted, shop done, this afternoon i will slice and dice and bag up ingredients ready for the week ahead.

My mission for these 12 weeks, is to succeed, because if i can succeed while working 7 days a week, while also being a full time uni student, currently finishing off exams, while also surviving the festive season where i will be away for three weeks, then i hope that i am able to give anyone the courage and belief that they too can succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment